SME’s & Third sector ‘Working together to keep your Business safe online’ Free Training 5th of December
5th Dec 2019, 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
RenSafeOnline is a steering group facilitated by Renfrewshire Council made up of a range of partners across the Public, Private and Third Sector. We are now in a position to offer free online safety training targeted at SME’s and the Third Sector provided by Liz Stanton, MBE, Get Safe Online – Senior Manager and Family Protection Advisor www.getsafeonline.org. The training is funded by Renfrewshire Council.
You can book online via the Eventbrite links below. You can book a number of places on behalf of your staff or they can book directly themselves.
Please book places by Nov 21st so we know for catering. Feel free to share with your wider Renfrewshire networks.
Training good security habits to employees to protect your infrastructure, from the inside. The course will cover the following; Training good security habits to employees to protect your infrastructure, from the inside. An instructive session covering recent trends in online crime and those older vulnerabilities which are still proving lucrative for the criminal. The training aims to increase awareness of the techniques used by criminals and means which individuals can use to protect themselves both at home and at work and to be more vigilant. Although hacking is still used by criminals as a means to attack computer systems, some of the most successful attacks have succeeded as a result of employees making avoidable mistakes.
Training Objectives: On completion of learning, delegates will be able to:
1. Identify the risks & dangers that communities face on a daily basis whilst using the Internet;
2. Adapt our knowledge so that it looks and feels relevant and accessible, and make it freely available to all attendees
3. Demonstrate knowledge on consequences of using the Internet;
4. Explore the effect/risks and discuss methods to combat it;
5. Recognise best practice and build relationships with partners within their areas to assist with their own knowledge and confidence;
6. The sessions will enable communities & businesses to feel safer and more confident as users of the technology;