The Chamber is delighted to announce that Paisley.is has been confirmed as main sponsor for Rocco 2018.
Louisa Mahon, Renfrewshire Council’s head of marketing, said: “I am delighted the new destination brand Paisley.is will be supporting this year’s ROCCOs event.
“The annual awards are a fantastic showcase of the diversity of businesses operating across Renfrewshire and the creativity and entrepreneurialism that have put Renfrewshire firmly on the map as a business destination of choice.
“We have had great support for Paisley.is from the business community and from the chamber and believe we now have the strongest possible platform to sell the benefits of doing business in Renfrewshire throughout the world.
“What makes our proposition so powerful is the strength and profile of our business community and it is a pleasure to be able to honour the best of the best at the 2018 awards.”
The ROCCO’s now in their 15th year are open for entry and are Renfrewshire’s premier business event.
CEO Bob Grant commented “We are delighted to welcome Paisley.is as main sponsor for Rocco 2018. The ambitious brand highlights all that is on offer as a commercial location and demonstrates Renfrewshire is open for business. Thank you to all our category sponsors, without their support, the ROCCO’s would not be possible. I encourage businesses & organisations from all sectors to consider entering in 2018. Winning a ROCCO is a great achievement and competition is always fierce. You have plenty of time to enter the Rocco’s however please don’t leave it to the last minute. You can enter as many categories as you wish, and if you are planning to attend please book early, the ROCCO’s sell out every year well before the event.”
The ROCCO’s are free to enter for members based anywhere plus non-members that are based in Renfrewshire. The 17 categories this year are:
1. ROCCO Award for Excellence in Customer Service – sponsored by the Scottish Leather Group
2. ROCCO Award for Developing the Young Workforce (West) – sponsored by DYW (West)
3. ROCCO Award for Excellence in Manufacturing – sponsored by University of the West of Scotland
4. ROCCO Award for Innovation & Technology – sponsored by Creation IP
5. ROCCO Award for International Trade – sponsored by Glasgow Airport
6. ROCCO Award for Invest in Renfrewshire – sponsored by Renfrewshire Council / Invest in Renfrewshire
7. ROCCO Award for Most Promising New Business – sponsored by Business Gateway
8. ROCCO Award for Employer of the Year – sponsored by Rolls Royce
9. ROCCO Award for Family Business of the Year – sponsored by The Malcolm Group
10. ROCCO Award for Young Business Person of the Year – sponsored by West College Scotland
11. ROCCO Award for Business Leader of the Year – sponsored by Diageo
12. ROCCO Award for Community Champion – sponsored by Engage Renfrewshire & The Royal Bank of Scotland
13. ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business with 5 or less employees – sponsored by intu Braehead
14. ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business <25 employees – sponsored by Renfrewshire Council
15. ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business >25 employees – sponsorship available
16. ROCCO Award for Renfrewshire’s Favourite Business – sponsored by the Paisley Daily Express (nominations open end of August)
17. ROCCO Award for Excellence in Tourism – sponsored by Paisley.is
The awards are open for entry until the 7th September. Shortlist will be announced end September and the winners announced at our awards ceremony on Friday 16th November at The Normandy Hotel hosted by Fred MacAulay.
On the night a charity raffle will support 2 charities including St Vincent’s Hospice
For more info and to enter / book a table – please visit www.roccoawards.com
The social medial hashtag is #2018Rocco